Friday, May 9, 2008

Clay Aiken: "I'm Not Trying To Be Justin Timberlake"

NEW YORK (AP) -- Clay Aiken is realistic about his niche in the musical landscape.
"I'm not cool, you know what I mean? I'm not gonna lie," the good-humored singer told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "I'm not trying to be Justin Timberlake. Thank God we have him, but I'm not him. ... I'm not gonna bring anybody's sexy back."

Aiken embraces his pop-lite sensibility in "On My Way Here," his first album of all-new material in more than four years.

The 29-year-old "American Idol" alum -- he placed second to Ruben Studdard in the Fox show's second season -- was the first non-winner to release a successful album, "Measure of a Man," which went double platinum in 2003. He followed that up with two cover albums: "Merry Christmas With Love" and "A Thousand Different Ways."

No comments: